Information: Skills for Pets Jan 17, 2021 2:41:15 GMT -6
Post by Silver on Jan 17, 2021 2:41:15 GMT -6
Skills for Sentient Pets
Some creatures are so intelligent that they can learn more than just simple tricks. Creatures of Cunning: 5 (Sentient) or higher and all Draconics can learn character skills.
1. To learn a skill, the creature must spend Training Points equal to the Skill Point cost of the skill.
2. This training works just like regular training, except instead of a trick, move, or ability, the creature will be learning a character skill.
3. In order to teach a skill to a creature, whoever is teaching the skill must know the skill themselves. They must have equal to or higher ranks in that skill to teach it.
4. Creatures who can learn skills can teach those skills to each other! However they cannot train tricks, moves, or abilities to any other creature, even if they know it already.
5. Creatures who can learn skills can only learn skills that make sense for their anatomy. Make sure to explain how the creature is performing the skill when writing your training!
-- For example, Seryn probably cannot climb trees, but pets with telekenesis might be able to float a paintbrush around or ones with claws might be able to scratch runes into stone.
6. If you are unsure about anything, please ask for help before starting your training.
Rules and Exceptions
- Characters may teach their native language as though they have the skill Foreign Language (rank 2) in that language.
- Creatures cannot learn skills from the ‘Combat’ ‘Marksmanship,’ or ‘Magic’ skill groups.
- Creatures cannot learn the ‘Bond’ skills which give a bonus of loyalty to owned pets.
- Creatures cannot learn skills that give moves or abilities (such as ‘swim’). They may learn the move or ability as normal for creatures.
- Creatures cannot learn the following skills: bestial presence, battle commands, never give up!, fearful presence, awing presence, gentle touch.
- Creatures are able to learn skills like ‘Fishing’ for use in loot areas, but they are not able to be in those areas on their own, and the skills do not stack with the same skill the character has. Just like with two characters sharing a thread, only the one with the higher rank is counted.